Myrtle Beach S.P. on 4-6

Hi Carolinabirders,
Today, Bob Maxwell, Dave Gustavson and I birded at Myrtle Beach S.P.,
Horry County, SC. It was cool and a bit on the windy side especially in
open areas.
Common Loon-2
N. Gannet-1 adult
Brown Pelican-22
Double-crested Cormorant-11
Sharp-shinned Hawk-1
Ruddy Turnstone-10
Laughing Gull-2
Ring-billed Gull-15
Forster's Tern-13
Rock Dove-8
Mourning Dove-4
Chimney Swift-4 year bird for me
Downy Woodpecker-2
Great Crested Flycathcer-2 heard only, year bird
Tree Swallow-4
Barn Swallow-4
Blue Jay-5
Fish Crow-2
Carolina Chickadee-4
Tufted Titmouse-7
White-breasted Nuthatch-2
Carolina Wren-5
Ruby-crowned Kinglet-2 heard only
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher-1 heard only
Hermit Thrush-1
N. Mockingbird-1
Brown Thrasher-7
Cedar Waxwing-60 two flocks one of 50 and another of 10
N. Parula-1 heard only
Yellow-rumped Warbler-20
Yellow-throated Warbler-5
Prairie Warbler-5
Prothonotary Warbler-1 heard only
N. Cardinal-9
White-throated Sparrow-1
Am. Goldfinch-2 on the feeder at the Nature Center.
I also heard a high pitched light -seet-seet-seet song. Just like a Cape
May Warbler but it could have been the introductory part of the
Black-and-white Warbler song. Fairly convinced though that it was a Cape
May.

Good birding, good company.

Jack Peachey
Conway, SC