Painted Buntings in Georgetown Cty., SC

Hi y'all,
    A pair of male Painted Buntings showed up at their usual feeder in
Georgetown Cty. today.
    Also first female Ruby-throated at my workplace, and a beautiful Scarlet
Tanager calling "chip-burrr" as it made its way through the compound.
    This p.m. about 7:30 in dear ol' Conway (always lovely this time of the
year,) a glittering fragment of the rainbow brushed my pants leg, turned and
looked up at me, then went about his business of emptying Coral Honeysuckle
blooms of their contents. I was moved by his utter unconcern.

Woohoo!

;-)

Gary Phillips
Conway, SC
Sunset Zone 31
walela@sccoast.net
"...where is the person, I ask, who, on observing this glittering fragment
of the rainbow, would not pause, admire, and turn his mind with
reverence..." (J. J. Audubon)