Riverbend Park Birds

I spent a couple of hours at Riverbend Park (northern Catawba Co.) this
evening.  There wasn't alot going on, but there were a few highlights and
here they are:

Barred Owl -- one was heard calling shortly after I arrived
Wood Thrush -- 2 were heard and seen; first of the season for me
Palm Warbler -- 11!!! the most I have ever seen in the spring and a few were
singing
Eastern Kingbird -- 3 first of the season and a few days late
Blue Jay -- 250+!!  I don't normally count Blue Jays, but when they are
coming over in groups of 10 to 50 at a time it gets your attention

Dwayne
Dwayne Martin
Foothills Bird Club
Claremont, NC