Late Pine Siskins

Greetings,

    One of my disappointments of the Feeder Watch season for 2001-2002 was no
Pine Siskins. I was pleasantly surprised then to have two show up with my
plethora of American Goldfinches at one of the thistle feeders today. The
Siskins must have been enjoying the weather at Myrtle Beach this winter.
    Also heard and saw my first Northern Parula and Cape May Warblers of the
year. Finally, just before 5 PM I had my first male Ruby-throated Hummingbird
of the year (not everyone is getting them early). After visiting one of the
feeders he immediately took off after one of the Goldfinches, as if to remind
them that it is time to move on and allow room for the spring migrants.
Cheers.

Steve Tracy
Gastonia, NC