finally

Phew!  Finally, after hearing, rather reading, of all the Hummbirds arriving
at various feeders and yards throughout the Carolinas, and thinking that I
would never see another, they arrived.  Today at around 2PM DST I heard the
little tweeter of what had to be a Hummbird. Sure enough, I spied two of
them fighting over the rights to the feeder that I have been so patiently
filling, and glancing over at, for what seems like months.

And, as I looked over at the Hummers with relief, I caught sight of, in the
partially Cumulus clouded sky, the graceful soaring of a Broad-winged Hawk.

Heard the first yard Ovenbird on Friday 4/12, actually two of them, one out
back, the other in the woods across the road. They're singing now.

-----
Greg Dodge
Brownbag Productions
Hillsborough, NC