US TOO, WOOD THRUSH

As Gary P. puts it - their sweet song was heard just before dawn as I
was getting things ready for the others.  I thought I heard two - but
the Carolina Wren spotted me replenishing things and began to "holler"
which started the rest--and the "forest choir" soon drowned out the
"flute"!!  At any rate, at least one is here in our neck of the woods.
RTH buzzed close to my head as he hurried to his own private source of
food.

Tom Joyce pointed out to me that perhaps it was too early for a Kentucky
warbler here and maybe I had it confused with the C. wren - after
listening carefully to our Stokes CD I think I may have heard the
Ovenbird using some of his variations - I have one singing in our woods
this morning continually, so played both Ovenbird and Kentucky and can
hardly tell the difference on the CD, altho' there is a difference.  I
probably was too hasty since I didn't take time to search out the source
of the voice.

This listserve is so valuable.  With everyone's input we can see more,
learn more, and enjoy more!

Enjoy the day,
Bev Hudson
Hendersonville, NC