Loggerhead Shrike

Last year a pair of Loggerhead shrike succesfully nested and fledged young
at Inlet Point South, Litchfield Beach,SC, barely 300 feet behind the dunes.
Some people expressed surprise at them nesting this close to the beach.
About 10 days ago we saw a pair about 50 feet farther from the beach, same
area, and intend to search for them when we hopefully return to the beach in
the next few days.

We still have Goldfinch at the black oil sunflower and thistle feeders here
in Greenville,SC, although the heat may hane sent some on their way.
      Barb continues with her chemo treatments, and is on an antibiotic for
an infection in her arm at the point of  last weeks infusion. Thanks to all
who continue to pray for her.
     Bob Maxwell Greenville, SC