Y Warblers

FINALLY!  Yellow Warblers are back at Beaver Lake Bird Sanctuary in Asheville.
 This is almost a week later than their previous latest arrival date.  Of
course I may have missed one earlier in the din of House Wrens, BG
Gnatcatchers, and Catbirds.  These three species must have reached their
maximum possible density at the sanctuary.  I was also checking for the
Warbling Vireo, but no luck yet.  April 19 was the first arrival date that I
have for WV's in the past couple of years, so they should be along any time.
  I also checked for Orioles of any kind, but no luck.  I did see a pair of
Orchard Orioles in Henderson County on my way to work this morning (slight
detour actually).
  On another note, it's quite interesting how Tree Swallows have gone from
unusual breeder in this area to common usurper of bluebird boxes in just a few
years.
Marilyn Westphal
Hendersonville, NC
mjwestphal@unca.edu