Blackpoll Warbler

Birded at Beaver Lake Sanctuary in Asheville this AM, among the
highlights

Blackpoll warbler- a lifer for me- later confirmed by Charlotte Goedsche
and Len Pardue.

I had only a brief look, and it really makes my Spring to make this ID.
I feel like instead of an intermediate beginner, I'm now a beginning
intermediate birder.   :-)

Also

Baltimore Oriole
Green Heron  a great look as it was perched in a tree - beautiful
plumage
Two Carolina Wrens locked in combat, clutching feet and biting. The poor
hormone-crazed beasts were so bent on destruction that we got within
three feet of them before they chased each other away.
The usual suspects- chickadees, cardinals, crows, grackles, etc.

Did not see the yellow warbler- but the blackpoll more than made up for
that!

Russ P.

--

Russ Palmeri