More Cumberland County Birds

     Today I went back to Beaver Dam Creek in southeastern Cumberland
County, looking for spring and summer birds.  I walked the road for a
way on either side of the creek and found a yellow-breasted chat, my
first of the year and my first in the county.  I ran across a couple of
swamp sparrows but no other winter sparrows.
     As I drove back to Fayetteville on Rte. 210, I looked for scrubby
old fields looking for prairie warblers.  I stopped just east of Ava and
Doe Hill roads at a field in which I heard and possibly saw a prairie
warbler, heard a bobwhite, and saw a loggerhead shrike. That was a
profitable stop.

Bob
Robert C. Perkins, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Methodist College, Fayetteville, NC 28311
910-630-7037     rperkins@methodist.edu