Swallow-tailed Kite at Cedar Island, NC

On 20 April, Jack Fennell, Tommy Wade, and I went to the Cedar Island
ferry terminal to search for a White-tailed Kite--were being very
optimistic.  Nothing like a White-tailed, but later in the day (early
afternoon) we had a nice Swallow-tailed Kite putting in a performance
right over the old Cedar Island NWR visitor center at the south end of
Cedar Island.

At the pond at the Cedar Island ferry terminal, there were 3
Black-necked Stilts.

We also had a singing Painted Bunting behind the Food Lion in Beaufort.
A Painted Bunting was at this site last year as well.

A White-winged Dove continues to call at Live Oak/Ann streets in
Beaufort.

John Fussell
Morehead City, NC
jfuss@clis.com

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Cape Lookout Mail Server]