Swainson's guilt trip and Woodcock question

I hope no one runs up to Chimney Rock and plays a tape to attract the
Swainson's.  We'd like them to stick around for years to come.  If they are
singing you shouldn't have trouble finding them as they are usually close to a
trail and if they are not singing I would suggest walking the Woodlands Walk
trail and watching for birds on the ground.  I've found them like this singing
or not.
  On another question, I read a cbirds email some time ago from someone in the
piedmont who said he thought that Woodcock finished displaying in the piedmont
in mid-March.  So I decided to check periodically and see when the mountain
woodcock stopped displaying.  There's one about a mile from home that has been
displaying at least since February 23rd when I first checked and, by golly,
he's still going at it.  He's never missed a single night that I have been by
to check.  Does anyone know when they quit here?
Marilyn Westphal
Hendersonville, NC
mjwestphal@unca.edu