two questions

Hello C. Birders,

We're wondering if anyone can help with these two
questions:

1. While on the beach in south Nags Head, NC we
spotted an immature herring gull with a silver band on
its right leg. By tossing it bread crumbs, we were
able to record what was on the band, but don't know
where to report it, or how. If anyone does, will you
forward this, or let me know? Here is the info from
the band:

Avis bird
966-28472
Washington,DC USA

2. Also on the beach at south Nags Head, we spotted a
laughing gull with a distinct pink blush to its
breast. We've seen this before, but could never find a
reference to it; however, this time we did consider a
Franklin's gull, but ruled it out based on the other
markings (it matched the laughing gull). Peterson says
the Franlin gull sometimes has a pink blush on the
breast in spring--could this be a hybrid? Or do
laughing gulls sometimes show this too? It was easy to
see, and we saw one last spring also. The tail
markings that distinguish laughing from Franklins,
were like the laughing gull, and this gull was clearly
bonded with another laughing gull.

thanks,
linda

=====