S-T FLYCATCHERS

We just spent the last hour watching the S-T investigate nesting sites
in the tower. There appear to be several nest starts (we can see wisps
of wool). We watched the female fly to several ledges in the tower and
back into the empty corner, stay just a minute and then try another one.
They spend time in the Chinaberry tree and on the ground under it which
is where there are little clumps of wool from the sheep rubbing on the
trees. I think the tower will be used again this year so the signs
"FLYCATCHER" are at the road and the driveway and Friendly Ridge Farm is
open for visitors .

DIRECTIONS
>From Charlotte take US 74 East. From I 85 get off at Concord and take
601 South. Exit 74 at 200 South this is also where 601 will come in from
Concord. This exit is where Dale Jarrett Ford is located. Head south
through Monroe and out the other side. You will be on Skyway Drive when
you get off 74 and this will turn into Hayne St. and as you go out the
other side of Monroe you will be on 207 South. 207 South will make a
right turn at a blinking light. This is Wolf Pond Road. Follow 207 South
past Macedonia Church Rd coming in from the left  . Then Buford Short
Cut will come in from the right . The next road will be Joe Collins road
on the right. Just after Joe Collins Road as you go up a slight rise you
will see high tension lines crossing the highway . The FLYCATCHER sign
will be on a telephone pole on the left under the high tension lines.
Turn left here on the paved unmarked drive, go to the end of the paving,
down the hill , cross the little creek and turn right on to the farm.
There will be another FLYCATCHER sign and the house number 4429 at the
beginning of the drive. The Flycatchers are nesting in the tower just in
front or you but please continue on the drive to the parking area just
past the little woods on the right which is a cemetery. Park on the
right in the mowed field. The best viewing area in at the gate where you
will disturb the nesting bluebird but not the S-T.

--
Blayne & Anne Olsen
bolsen@trellis.net

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus for Trellis]