Bodie Is and Hatteras

HI,

I  was birdwatching late Saturday and half of Sunday on Cape Hatteras,
Pea and Bodie Is. Unfortunately the weather wasn't perfect. Strong and
very strong wind from EES made seawatching a bit hard (a lot of salt on
scope and binoculars and on my glasses), in additional kind of fog and
drizzle appeared from the sea. Shorebirds were  lazy hiding from the
wind, so very few were actually feeding and active.
There were very few ducks in  places I checked (just Mallards, Black
Duck and Gadwalls).
The most interesting bird was one Baird's Sandpiper (in a flock of ca
160 Dunlins and 12 Semip. Sandpipers at Northern Pond on Pea Is, near
the highway).
On Lighthouse Pond on Bodie Is, I found one Wood Stork.
4  hours of seawatching bring ca 120 Gannets, 26 Arctic Jaegers (plus 30
unidentified), 1 Arctic Tern, ca 70 Common, 60 Least, 6 Sandwitch and 30
Royal Terns. Birds of the day were:
3 Sooty Shearwaters, 1 Leache's  and 1 Wison's Storm-Petrel.

Mike

Michal Skakuj  Ph.D.
4600 University Drive # 1312
Durham, NC 27707