southern Horry County 4-28

Yesterday, Paul Rogers, Charlie Heacock and I birded in Southern Horry
County, SC at Punchpole Road and along Henrietta Brown Road in Bucksport
near the sod farm. No shorebirds (other than Killdeer) at the sod farm
that we could see. First column Punchpole, second column Bucksport.
T=while traveling. H=Heard only. About 43 species.

Double-crested Cormorant-0-1
Anhinga-0-1 overhead
Cattle Egret-T
Canada Goose-H-0
Black Vulture-1-1
Turkey Vulture-1-3
N. HARRIER-0-1 hunting over sod farm, rather late
Wild Turkey-1hen-0 crossing road
Killdeer-0-2
Mourning Dove-4-3
Yellow-billed Cuckoo-4-1 heard only
Chimney Swift-4-0
Red-belllied Woodpecker-2-0 heard only
Pileated Woodpecker-2-0
Acadian Flycatcher-3-0 one rather drab (worn) individual
but singing vigorously was photographed
Great Crested Flycatcher-5-3
Purple Martin-0-2 overhead
Barn Swallow-0-11
Blue Jay-3-1
Am. Crow-1H-0
Fish Crow-1H-1H
Carolina Chickadee-3-1
 Red-eyed Vireo-5H-1
BLUE-WINGED WARBLER-1-0 rare migrant for the coastal plain, briefly seen
by me but well seen by Charlie.
Yellow-throated Warbler-2H-0
Black and White Warbler-2-0
Prothonotary Warbler-6-0