Paris Mountain, Greenville, SC

The heavy rain overnight and early this morning provoked a nice fallout of
migrants on the back side of Paris Mountain, Greenville, SC.

In about an hour I saw:

Yellow-rumped Warbler
American Redstart
Northern Parula
Black-throated Green Warbler
Chestnut-sided Warbler
Blackpoll Warbler
Blackburnian Warbler
Cape May Warbler (#94 on the yard list)
Scarlet Tanager
Red-eyed Vireo

I suspect there were others I missed, since most of the birds were silently
filtering through the foliage; there was little song.

By the way, this is the 6th Cape May I've seen this year at different
places in upstate SC.  Maybe the population is up because of the spruce
budworm cycle, but I've never had a spring here with so many of these
birds.

Jim Edwards
jim.edwards@furman.edu