Quail Roost

Just got back from Quail Roost, North Durham, NC., located off #15-501, west
side of road.

I was looking for Grasshopper Sparrow, saw 2 and later heard one--probably
one of the ones that I, all too briefly, saw.  There were 2 Bobolinks there
as well, and of course the local Meadowlarks and field nesting Canada Geese
were in residence.

I heard my first Pewee calling from somewhere along the stream that passes
under the gravel road--after the horse farm and just before the hay fields.

-----
Greg Dodge
Brownbag Productions
Hillsborough, NC