Florence County on 5-7

Hi Carolinabirders,
Today Dave Gustavson, and Paul Rogers joined me in Florence County, SC
in my attempt to get closer to 100 birds in that county.  Steve
Patterson and Robin Carter wern't whistling dixie when they said getting
to 100 would take a lot of digging and probably more trips than usual to
that county.  Today was my fourth trip and I'm still 11 away.
The problem in that county is a lack of good shorebird habitat.  This is
especially true in this time of severe drought. We visited Lynches River
County park again today and I added 2 from there. All the other
additions were on the entrance road off of route 52 plus one I didn't
expect. And one in Francis Marion University. In the afternoon we looked
in vain for a muddy field or pond somewhere and then stumbled on the
Wallace Memorial Woods on the campus of Francis Marion University.  It
looked and probably is very birdy in spite of being right against busy
route 76.  Some very nice specimen size trees there. 43 species.
Double-crested Cormorant-1
Mallard-7
Red-shouldered Hawk-1
BROAD-WINGED HAWK-1 soaring overhead about 8 miles south of Florence.
Killdeer-1
Yellow-billed Cuckoo-4
Red-headed Woodpecker-2
Red-bellied Woodpecker-5
Downy Woodpecker-1
Acadian Flycatcher-10 including one building a nest in a pine.
Great-Crested Flycatcher-9
Barn Swallow-15
Blue Jay-2
Am. Crow-3