White-rumped Sandpiper in Townville, SC

The overnight rain brought a nice selection of shorebirds to the edge of
one of the Dobbins Farm ponds in Townville, SC.

Least Sandpiper
Semipalmated Sandpiper
White-rumped Sandpiper
Spotted Sandpiper
Semipalmated Plover
Killdeer (of course).

This is the second weekend in a row that White-rumped has been there.

Also in Townville I had two pair of Yellow-billed Cuckoos.  One pair was
near the bridge on Fork School Road; the other was at the entrance to
Beaverdam WMA.  In five years of fairly regular birding at Townville, I've
never had a single cuckoo before today.  It never rains but it pours.

Jim Edwards
jim.edwards@furman.edu