White bird ???

A co-worker at Francis Beidler Forest, near Harleyville, SC, called me very
excited about a strange bird she saw at the entrance road to the visitor's
center.  She described it as "bunting sized", mostly white with black on the
wings.  She got a fairly good look at it without binoculars before it flew
away.  The entrance road is at the edge of farmfields and goes through a
narrow band of mixed pine/hardwoods.  I asked her to look at the picture of
a Snow Bunting to see if it resembled it in any way.  She said, "That's the
bird!!  It looked exactly like that!!"  She said that an Indigo Bunting was
in the same vicinity as the strange bird.  I know that Snow Buntings are not
here this time of year and I have only seen them on the coast, but is there
any possibility that this unusual weather, rainy and cold, could be
responsible.  Could the bird possibly be a leucistic Indigo Bunting?  Does
anyone have any ideas?  I will look for it tomorrow morning (Mon.)  If I
locate it I will give better details.
Thanks.

Ann Shahid
Charleston, SC