Summer Feeder Birds

I feed black oil sunflower, and suet year round to give the adult birds an
easy source of seed while they are hunting for protein for their
chicks.  At least that is how I rationalize what I do and I avoid images of
welfare dependency.

Normally about this time of year I am satisfied with the cardinals,
titmice, c. wrens, chickadees, and wood peckers and w-b nuthatch.

This year has been real fun with 3 brown headed nuthatches frequenting my
deck and a male indigo bunting as well as 1/2 half dozen each of gold
finches and chipping sparrows.

The diversity, behavior and aesthetic is great.

The backyard has two pair of brown thrashers displaying to each other, and
the morning chorus with wood thrush, and white-eyed vireo and hooded
warbler is a delight.

Tom

Tom Krakauer
Bahama, Durham County, NC