Peak of spring migration of Red Knots

To those of you all along the Carolina coast:

When is the peak of spring migration of Red Knots
at your locales?

I have been seeing only 1 or 2 lately, but saw a flock
of about 40 this morning.  Most I've seen here (Bogue Banks) since
winter.  (Should state that this is only a one mile section
of beach I'm walking--there may have been numerous
knots in nearby areas recently.  For instance, several of
us had 150 knots at the tip of Cape Lookout back on
April 23.)

If I remember correctly, an old-timer once told me that
the traditional local hunting season for Common Loons
was April 20 to May 20.  And that the hunting season
for "Beach Robins" was May 20 to  June 20.  Or maybe
he said that it began on May 20--don't remember for sure,
this was in the early 1960's that the conversation took place.

John Fussell
Morehead City, NC
jfuss@clis.com

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Cape Lookout Mail Server]