Cerulean nest at Chimney Rock Park

C-birders
I led a walk at Chimney Rock Park on Sunday morning, which was outstanding!
As well as "in your face" views of Am. Redstart, Black-and-white and
Worm-eating Warblers and others, we had excellent views of a singing male
Swainson's Warbler and scope views of a female Cerulean on her nest high in
a hickory tree. We found the latter as both birds of the pair were in the
trailside bushes before flying up to the next vicinity. All the birds along
this trail ignore the many park visitors and are therefore very easy to see.
The next park walk will be 29 September!
Simon

Simon Thompson
Ventures Birding and Nature Tours
PO Box 1095