Rutherford County Venture

C-birders
Our Rutherford/Cleveland County Venture on Memorial Day produced some very
good sightings for a very pleasant day out in the farm country.
Highlights had to be the Loggerhead Shrike and its larder of a grub pinned
to a barbed wire fence, a male Am. Kestrel (probably on territory), singing
Blue-headed Vireo, 10+ Prairie Warblers, and best of all, 2 pairs of Horned
Larks. One male of 1 pair showed us his incredible display flight, as he
climbed higher and higher into the blue sky, singing as he climbed.
My thanks to Jo Ann Martin for co-leading the Venture and scouting out all
of the goodies!

Our next Ventures are here in the NC Mountains:
20 July    Blue Ridge Mountains
21 August    Mt. Mitchell
19 September    Curtis Creek
There are also a couple of spaces still open on our Venture to Provence and
the Pyrenees in the south of France this September.
Contact me for details.
Simon

Simon Thompson
Ventures Birding and Nature Tours