Busy Backyard: Score Bird-1 Man-0

I was in the backyard digging near a waxmyrtle and birdbath. I was slightly
bent over with the shovel in my hands when I felt a strong blow (hit) on my
back  just below my left shoulder and heard the close flap of what turned out
to be wings.  A male Brown Thrasher landed in the next bush and gave me the
"eye." I looked about head high in the myrtle and the female was in the nest
with 4 eggs and also gave me the "eye." I very quickly gave a polite and
quite apology and left!!!!

I am glad for two items. First, that it was a Brown Thrasher nest and not an
Eagle nest.  I am a little under 6 ft tall and a little under 180 lb. and the
Thrasher was all nerve.  Secondly, I am glad Marilyn did not see it
happen....she would still be laughing at my quick exit.

Jim and Marilyn Bardsley
Murrells Inlet, SC