Re: Busy Backyard: Score Bird-1 Man-0

I was recently doing my [monthly] pruning of a [insert expletive of your
choice] plant that I'm attempting to maintain as a tree Wisteria.

Things were going fine, as I circled around the 6-foot diameter plant
until I got to the west side of it.  Suddenly, there was the most
atrocious noise I'd heard recently coming from inside the plant!  I
honestly was not sure that it was a bird at all!  I went to the other
side of the plant and peered cautiously into it, only to see a Brown
Thrasher sitting on an unseen nest.  She never moved.  I decided that I
had other tasks to do.

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC