Birds!!

After enjoying their wonderful singing for several weeks, we now have the
House Wren pair feeding young in the Bluebird house in our backyard in
Greenville, SC. The ever present squirrels had eaten out the entrance hole
to about 3'',but I repaired that by tacking a tin can lid over the opening
and cutting a hole in same. We also have Downy WP young being introduced to
the suet feeder. We have at least 3 RTHB coming to the feeders at Lake
Hartwell, SC. At Dobbins Cattle Farm, near Townville SC, on Monday, the
Grasshopper Sparrow were out in good numbers, but unfortunately, a pair of

Brown-headed Cowbirds were also at the feeding trough.
 When I took Barb to the cancer treatment center on the edge of an office
park in Greenville on Tuesday, another pair of Brown-headed Cowbirds were
right there, adjacent to an undeveloped wooded area.     Bob and Barb
Maxwell, Greenville,SC