Baltimore Oriole at Bent Creek; Kentucky Warbler at NC Arboretum

Friday, May 31st, I checked out the Sandy Bottom Picnic Area on the French
Broad River one mile s. of the Blue Ridge Parkway and rte. 191 in Ashville,
NC.
    I managed to get good looks at a Yellow-throated Warbler.
   Today at first light (Sunday 6/2), I drove up to the picnic area across
the road from the NC Arboretum to check out a report that I received on
Friday that a Baltimore Oriole had been nesting there.  A visitor to
Ashville who birds the BRP every year said that for the last two years he
had found a Baltimore Oriole there.
   I am happy to say that even though we did not see it Friday, it was here
today.  I got a glimpse of an orange and black bird and heard oriole like
notes.  So after a judicious use of a BAOR tape, I got the male to respond.
   Then I went to the lower parking area at the NC Arboretum next to the
hard times trail.  There I heard what had to be a Kentucky Warbler or a
Carolina Wren.  It proved to be a Kentucky Warbler.

John Lindfors