Charlotte Birding

Dear Carolinabirders in Charlotte:
Since White WInged Crossbills have appeared in SC I am thinking of winign
my way down there as I have never seen them. Just wanted to ask those of
you who live in Charlotte if you could recommend one or two local birding
spots because since I am driving down that way I may as well get to know
some Charlotte birding areas. I am not looking for any specific birds, but
someone had mentioned a colony of Yellow crowned Night Herons down that
way and that might be fun. BUt realy anything at all, since it will all be
new for me.
Thanks in advance
Shantanu Phukan

SHANTANU PHUKAN
Lecturer in Urdu-Hindi & Indian Literature
University of N. Carolina, Chapel Hill
Curriculum in Asian Studies
Alumni Hall 413C
Chapel Hill, N.C. 27599