Greenville SC County Bird Walk

Simon Thompson of Ventures. Inc. will be leading a walk for the Greenville
County Bird Club this Saturday. We will be going to Warrier Mountain in Polk
County, NC. I have birded this spot for several years and it can turn up
numerous warbler species and Scarlet Tanagers. The meeting place is in front
of the Staples in the Peachtree Center in Greer, SC. This is on the corner
of Highway 29 and South Buncombe Road. If someone is coming in from another
direction email me. Also, since we will be driving by the "developing" Heron
Rookery I discovered a few weeks ago, I was going to stop there briefly on
the way back. The juveniles have fledged and were flying around the marsh
last weekend. Also, I discovered several Brown-Headed Nuthatches nesting in
cavity trees in the middle of the marsh.

Linda Sharp
nljsharp@worldnet.att.net
(864) 268-9409
Greenville, SC