Pontoon Ride and Dobbins Cattle Farm at 95degrees

Barb felt like a ride over to Lake Hartwell, Anderson Co, SC today to try
out the new pontoon motor, and we had many cliff swallows nesting and
feeding young under 3 bridges on the Three and Twenty Creek. There was also
lots of evidence that the Bank Swallows were again nesting in their regular
bank on the Three and Twenty although we didnt actually see them.
       Barb rested at the lake house while I checked out Dobbins Cattle farm
and Beaverdam WMA at mid afternoon and 93 to 95  degree temp. Saw 5
Grasshopper Sparrow on the pasture fences, Black vulture overhead, and a
curious encounter between a Red-tailed Hawk being agressively attacked by an
Eastern Kingbird. No shorebirds or Bobolink
       Also had Indigo Bunting, Blue Grosbeak, Yellow-breasted Chat and a
few of the other regulars. Most sightings were made from the car with the AC
on high!!!
      Barb's cancer marker is back up, so she gets chemo in the AM. We thank
all our CBC friends that continue to pray for her.
        Bob and Barb Maxwell, Greenville, SC