White Ibis/Henderson County

Folks,
        This morning at about 11:00 AM,  Marilyn Westphal and I were birding
around Henderson County.  Just as we approached 4 Seasons Marsh on Four
Seasons Blvd. we observed 3 immature White Ibis flying over the road.  We
got decent looks at them and they appeared to land in the Mud Creek area.
We walked the trails in Mud Creek, but could not relocate the birds.  This
is the 4th consecutive year I have seen White Ibis in the mountains of
Western N.C.  In past years, the birds will usually wander around, but
remain in the area for several weeks, to almost 2 months!
Regards,
Wayne
Wayne K. Forsythe
Hendersonville, N. C. 28791