SC fall-line Blue-headeds (and OVENs)

Hi Folks,

Interesting about the Blue-headed Vireos in SC. I found two on a census (one
building a nest) on the Savannah River Site in Aiken/Barnwell counties, SC
last week. Right now I can think of 10 singing males on site and last year
found 22 singing males. I think they're just like the Ovenbirds breeding
here. One would think we're too far south or down-slope but they're here. I
have had 3 Ovenbird nests this year and twice that last year. The young (by
the way) hatched out on the 16th and 18th of May and the third nest was
depredated. The various transmittered ones from the last two years (both
ones that bred and ones that didn't) left by the first week in July. Some as
early as the 24th of June. They didn't just leave the local area but left
the STATE. I found several underway, several kilometers from their breeding
site and then never found them again.

Cheers

Paul Champlin
New Ellenton, SC