From: Smith82534@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 09:50:24 -0400 (EDT)
To: carolinabirds@duke.edu
Subject: Re: blue jay vs swallow-tailed kite

After wasting precious time trying to figure out (unsuccessfully) what a HY
is, I was moved to make my periodic plea to fellow Carolinabirders:  PLEASE
DON'T USE BIRD BANDING ABBREVIATIONS TO IDENTIFY BIRDS IN POSTINGS TO
CAROLINABIRDS.

Thanks,

Clyde Smith
Raleigh, NC
Smith82534@aol.com

"To me all the frail, enduring beauty of the world finds its voice in the
song of the whitethroat."  Edwin Way Teale