No Mourning Warbler

Friends:  This morning (Friday)I tried for the Mourning Warbler at Carver's
Gap (Grassy Bald) north of Bakersville, NC.  I arrived at 6:30 a.m. and
hiked to Grassy Bald in a driving rain, dense fog, and "gale" winds.  There
is no rational reason why I even got out of the car in that weather.
Needless to say the Mourning Warbler had better sense than this human and
he stayed silent and low.  I did have 3 singing Swainson's at the start of
the Woodland Trail at Chimney Rock Thursday morning.  One of the warblers
flew in within 15 feet of me and sang in full view for 5+ minutes.  Very
nice.  Keith

Keith E. Camburn
4435 Huntington Drive
Gastonia, North Carolina 28056