No Mourning Warbler

Dear Carolina Birders,
 As Jeff Pippen and Lex Glover reported, there was no Mourning Warbler to be
seen on Sat. July 14 at Roan Mt.   Wade Fuller, Rich and I did bird the area
that Jeff described for about two hours after he and Lex left.  We did see a
first year Black-Throated Green and one warbler that we could not identify,
it had a broken eye ring, and plummage beneath as that of the Mourning
Warbler, but had a definitely gray head and back as that of a Canada
Warbler. So, with regrets we could not say what it was.  There was a
calling, easily visible Vesper Sparrow in the grasses close by which was a
life bird for me.
 The White-winged Dove has also returned to our yard in Beaufort, NC.  It
must be trying other parts of the neighborhood because it is coming here
only once or twice a day. It is still calling repeatedly and so can probably
be found within a few blocks of our home at 110 Live Oak St.
Susan Boyd
sarrington@coastalnet.com