Re: Black-and-white in NC

For some years, Black-and-White Warblers were present all summer, and
possibly breeding, in the beech woods on the south side of the Jordan
Lake Wildlife Observation Site, Chatham County, NC. (I observed a
male on territory a couple of times in early summer.) Steve Hall, I
believe, listed them as breeding at that site in the Chatham County
inventory he did. I have not checked on their status in early summer
recently.

I have also seen that species at the Fews Ford section of Eno River
State Park, Orange County, NC, in summer. I believe this was in June,
but I am not sure I recorded the date. Could have been post-breeding.

Definitely rare in summer, but perhaps breeds sporadically/locally?

--

Patrick Coin
Durham, NC