White-faced Ibis present Tues 7/9

Jeff Pippen and I just returned from a successful quest to Nags Head to
see the White-faced Ibis.  It was in the ditch at the 9500 block of Old
Oregon Inlet Road, where it's been seen regularly.  We missed it on the
first couple of passes (7:30 am), seeing only a Glossy, but the White-
faced was present at the appointed spot at 9 am.  I took a bunch of
photos and will post some later.

We didn't see any other rarities in the area, though it's always a
pleasure to watch the Black-necked Stilts at North Pond, Pea Island.
Lots of Red Knots around, but no Curlew Sandpiper.

Near Pettigrew State Park (Washington Co.) we found some early migrants --
 a couple of small flocks of Tree Swallows (13 total).

--
Charles W. "Will" Cook                  w 919-660-7423
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook            cwcook@duke.edu