White faced Ibis seen 9 am, not seen 12 pm

The Nags Head White-faced Ibis was quite easy to find this morning in =
the roadside ditch along Old Nags Head Rd. between house number 9000 and
=
9500, or about mm 19.5.  The bird even posed beside a Nutria for a photo
=
op.  I got some great shots of the white facial feathers, red eye, and =
reddish bare skin patch at the base of the bill.  Hope they come out =
well on photo paper! =20

The other highlight of my quick 11 hour roundtrip to the OBX was a group
=
of 3 Piping Plovers on the beach at the Oregon Inlet groin/jetty.  None =
of the birds had USFWS leg bands.  Least Terns seem to have had a good =
year with fuzzy chicks scooting around inside the roped off area..

No sign of the Curlew SP at North, New Field, or South Ponds.  I checked
=
the salt flats area where a Curlew was found last year, but there is =
very little water to attract shorebirds.

I tried relocating the ibis on the way back north to get some more pics, =
but could not locate the bird.  Several Glossy Ibis were present.  I'm =
sure it's still there, probably taking a break from feeding and staying =
out of the mid-day sun.

Thanks to those who posted results of searches Thurs. and Fri.!

Best,
Steve Shultz
Apex, NC