Hilton Pond 07/01/02 (Birds of the Week)

HI . . .

A new computer network, operating system, and software have slowed us
down a bit, but at last we're posting "This Week at Hilton Pond" for
the week of 1-7 July 2002

Featured are close-up photos of five breeding birds from Hilton Pond
Center for Piedmont Natural history--including Blue-gray Gnatcatcher,
Northern Cardinal, Downy Woodpecker, Indigo Bunting, and
Black-and-white Warbler--and some interesting facts about each.

Just click on http://www.hiltonpond.org/ThisWeek020701.html for the
installment.

As always there's a weekly account of all birds newly banded at
Hilton Pond during the week, as well as original banding dates for
other birds that were recaptured, including Ruby-throated
Hummingbirds.

Please forward this message to folks you know who share our interest
in nature.  :-)

Happy Nature Watching!

BILL
--

BILL HILTON JR., "The Piedmont Naturalist"
hilton@hiltonpond.org, (803) 684-5852, eFax: (503) 218-0845

Please visit our web sites (courtesy of Comporium.net) at
http://www.hiltonpond.org and
http://www.rubythroat.org

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to
watch the sunset."					BHjr.