preserving feathers

Dear Carolina Birders,

I was wondering if any of you knows a good way to preserve feathers. I have
some peacock, ostrich and guinea feathers that I would like to keep in
decent condition (for arrangements, etc.). Some have come straight from the
farms and, therefore, have not been treated, as would store-bought ones. I
figured that some of you have used wild bird feathers for educational
purposes and have had to keep them clean and pest-free. Any suggestions?

p.s. I know that it is illegal to keep wild bird feathers, nests, etc.
without a permit.

Thanks, Leah

Leah Campbell
Blackstock, SC