re:Pectorals galore at Jordan Lake

 Dear Carolinabirders,

I know, Carolinabirds do not prefer out of area postings, just I want
to comment on Steve Schultz's wish

"I'm considering heading out to Pea Island this weekend to look for
shorebirds (and maybe get lucky with a Curlew SP??)"

that they are definitely on the move, we counted 37 Curlew Sandpipers
in a lakebed near Szeged, Hungary this past Saturday, mostly moulting
adults, some still in full breeding pulmage.

and for those still not committed to a birding trip in Hungary, other
shorebirds on the very same lake included

Pied Avocet, Stilt, Redshank, Spotted Redshank, Greenshank, Wood
Sandpiper, Green Sandpiper, Common Sandpiper, Terek Sandpiper!,
Ringed, Little Ringed, and Snowy Plovers, Lapwing, Snipe,
Whimbrel, Dunlin, Temminck Sandpiper

oh yes, and a juvenile Saker Falcon passing by

Ferenc

Ferenc Domoki
Department of Physiology
University of Szeged