New Hope Audubon September 2002 field trips

New Hope Audubon Society (Chapel Hill/Durham area, North Carolina)
invites all members and visitors to the following field trips:

Saturday, September 14, 2002, 9:00 a.m. Morning at Triangle Nature
Hotspot. We'll travel to one or more Triangle natural areas (location
to be determined) and return in the early afternoon. This is the time
for the beginning of fall bird migration. Insect-watching
(dragonflies and butterflies) should be excellent as well, and fall
wildflowers should be starting to bloom. We will return about 1:00
p.m. Meet at the Falconbridge Shopping Center parking lot in front of
the Mardis Gras Bowling Lanes,  (behind the Hardee's) at the
intersection of highway 54, Farrington, and Interstate 40, east of
Chapel Hill. Bring binoculars, field guides, insect repellent, a hat
for protection from the sun, and drinking water. No sign-up required,
but contact field trip chair Patrick Coin (patrick@coinconsult.net)
if you need any more information.

Saturday, September 28, 2002, 1:00 p.m. Monarch Migration. This
should be the height of Monarch migration in our area, and is usually
a good time for other butterflies and insects. We will spend the
afternoon at one or more sites where we can hope to see migrating
Monarchs, which are most active in the warmer part of the day. We
will return about 4:30 p.m. Meet at the Falconbridge Shopping Center

--

Patrick Coin (patrick@coinconsult.net)
web master , field trip chair