Lk Don T. Howell shorebirds etc.

Hola mis amigos,

Today, Eric Harrold and I went to Lk. Don T. Howell(Coddle Creek Reservoir)
Just north of Charlotte. This place is an incredible spot, with usually many
shorebirds, and in the winter, thousands of ducks.
But, however, today there were less birds there than fans at a football game
in Wallace Wade Stadium. 8 to be exact. 7 Pectoral Sandpipers, and 1 Lesser
Yellowlegs. There were also a few Kildeer. Great Egrets, GB Herons, and Green
Herons were spread out across the flats. There were some swallows flying
around that resembled a Bank Swallow, and a nice Broad-winged Hawk flew over.
A Woodchuck was chillin' on the side of the road. Alive!
But the most comical birds were some Chinese Geese which looked as a lost and
dishonest as old Dubya.  And no, Eric Harrold has not corrupted me, so don't
blame(or thank) him. Woohoo!

Until next time,
Alan Kneidel
Charlotte, NC