Lake Don T. Howell this AM

Although the variety present at the upper end along Hwy 136 does not compare
with Jordan Lake and vicinity, numbers do seem to be increasing. I saw 20-30
birds this morning around 9:00 and they were a mixed flock of Pectoral and
Least Sandpipers along with a few Killdeer. A Cooper's Hawk fly-by was a
nice addition to the shorebirds. I have visions of a Horned Lark in the ag
field along Shimpock Rd. That would be so very wonderful.

Eric Harrold
Charlotte, NC