Waxwings

I mean, life is tough... here I am on a small pond in the western Maine
mountains suffering from more than two layers of clothing... and... a
thought comes to mind.  I have been under the impression that Waxwings
are primarily seed eaters but here, for the past week or so, a flock of
twenty or so fly over this pond, exactly like flycatchers or the Eastern
Phoebe that flits around.  They all seem to be eating the insects.  Is
this common?  The Waxwings are a mixture of Cedar Waxwings and Bohemian
Waxwings..

Jerry Partrick, ex Chapel Hill