shorebirds

ON Sat., July 27th, Bob Holmes, David Allen  and I saw
around 35 piping plovers, several Wilson's and
numerous marbled godwits on the large flats near the
southern end of Portsmouth Island. We also saw
numerous whimbrel, blackbellied plover a few
turnstones, least, semipalmated sp's and sanderlings
in various plumages ....BUT NO CURLEW SANDPIPER which
was somewhat of a target--a lot of these were birds
were seen at Bird shoal in Beaufort. clancy ballenger