Jordan Lake this Sat, hummers, tripod backpack

Looks like Jordan Lake will be well covered by birders this weekend.  In
addition to the Chapel Hill group checking out the Morgan Creek side, a few
of us are going to do the New Hope Creek side as well.  If anyone wants to
tag along we will be leaving the gravel parking area west of 751 (about 150
yards north of the bridge) at 7a.m.

As Bill Hilton mentioned in his message, it's been a really slow summer for
hummers.  By this point I would normally be changing feeders out at least 2x
per day.  I never had to worry about the food going bad in the sun and the
heat because it never stayed around that long.  Not so this year.  We
apparently did not have successful nesting in the area around the yard as
we've enjoyed in previous years, and feeder visits are way down.

Has anyone purchased or had experience with the backpack made for tripods?
This one allows the tripod and scope to be carried extended for quick use.
Any opinions, complaints, or compliments on one brand or another would be
appreciated.

Best,
Steve Shultz
Apex, NC