Space On Pelagic Trips From Hatteras, Manteo

Dear Carolinabirders,

We still have space on all of our upcoming pelagic trips from the Outer
Banks, including trips this Saturday and Sunday from Hatteras.  We also
have trips from Hatteras on August 24 and 24, and October 12.  We have
trips from Pirate's Cove near Manteo on August 17, 18, 31, and September
1 and 16.  While we haven't had any birding trips recently, I did hear
of some tropicbirds being seen last weekend by a fishing charter.  This
is also still prime time for seeing Band-rumped Storm-Petrels, and there
is always a chance for rarities.  Over the last ten years, dozens of
Heald Petrels have been seen on August trips with as many a four on one
day in 2000.  There have been two August sightings of Swinhoe's
Storm-Petrel and there is one record of Bulwer's Petrel in August.
August and September is prime time for White-faced Storm-Petrels off
Manteo and we may dedicate a couple of trips to looking for that species
if the conditions look favorable for finding them east of Oregon Inlet.

To book passage on any of these trips, or to find out more about them,
please contact me at (252) 986-1363.  I will be away from e-mail for
several days of this month, but I will be able to retrieve messages
regularly.  I can often be reached in the evenings before 9PM.  More
information about these trips is also available on our website-
http://www.seabirding.com/. While you are there, check out my images of
seabirds from photos taken on our trips this May and June.

I hope to see you this summer.

Brian Patteson
Brian@Patteson.com
Hatteras, NC